The Coalition of Northern Youth Groups has withdrawn the quit notice issued to the Igbos to leave the 19 Northern states by October 1, 2017.
The group’s decision to withdraw the quit notice followed series of meeting with numerous stakeholders, reports say.
The Arewa youths had been engaged in series of meetings with eminent stakeholders in the country in frantic moves to prevail on them to rescind their decision.
The coalition had said the quit notice, issued on Tuesday, June 6, 2017 in Kaduna, was in response to the breakaway agitation by Igbos under the platform of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) led by Nnamdi Kanu.
Although the Kaduna State government swiftly reacted to the controversial decision of the Arewa Youths by ordering the arrest of their leaders who made the pronouncement, the order was never effected by the Kaduna State Police Command.
“We are also reviewing our own situation. We are going to have a meeting soon with other leaders of the coalition and come out with a clear position of things and what we intend to do in order to move forward,” he had said.